Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tucson Loot





Some of the exciting items I bought at Tucson this year. Watch parts! I can't wait to start making something from these, an adjunct style to my hardware chic. African trade beads. These are not old ones but they are lovely anyway. Nepalese beaded balls from the Bead Goes On. I'll probably use some of these high quality lapis heishi and coral I got from Afghan Tribal Arts. And last but not least, wonderful gold washed solid copper that has been torch shimmered for a beautiful array of hues, and some bright copper square beads before treatment. You can order these from Silk Road Treasures. I also bought some more old Afghan Jewelry elements like those I got last year from Pashtoon Artifacts.

Today when I was taking the photos in my workshop it was almost warm enough at midday to work there, so maybe you'll be seeing some new creations here soon.

No comments:


Copyright

All rights reserved for all content and images in my blog by Deerwoman Designs (TM)